Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tip # 4 Unobstruct Your Vehicle

Some might say a vehicle is just a vehicle, a means to get you from point A to point B. I would argue that it is many things: a taxi cab, a food and beverage center, an office on wheels, a self-contained closet, an oversized file folder, and a moving trash receptacle. This gives new meaning to the word "transporting!"

When I met my significant other, the yin to my yang, I was amazed at what he could fit, let alone find in his vehicle. During long road trips, I’d find myself engaging in a silent contest to identify the most unique or interesting item in his truck. As our relationship developed, I grew bolder and peeked into the back seat and side-door pockets only to be ultimately tempted into the land of no return….yes you guessed it….the land of the lost…..uncharted terriortory…. a place where no man/woman has gone before…. … THE GLOVE COMPARTMENT.

I would dream about Monty Hall becoming the host of a new game show, a cross between the famous “Lets Make A Deal and“Cash Cab.” The ever debonnair Monty would sneak attach us while stopped at a traffic light. With lightening speed he would begin his shtick…”Hey lovely lady, I’ll give you $50 dollars for a pair of pens containing the name of a local bank on them….”. (YIPPEE I say to myself….we have ten pens… take your pick)! Monty continues with “I’ll double your money if you can show me a half eaten glow-pop ring!” (YES) "Ok folks, double or nothing….for $200 show me a pair of 7 5/8 needle-nose pliers.” (Tools you say.....EUREKA… …we are rich…we are rich…)

Isn't reality a kicker--NO MONEY-PROFFERING HOSTS--NO REWARDS FOR JUNK. Frankly folks, for most of us, CAR MESS=MADNESS????!!!!

So what would your vehicle be saying to you if it could talk? What is obstructing its view? Need a quick fix….follow these four steps:

HOMEWORK:

A) Take a quick inventory-seperate items into 3 categories
1) Here to stay-things that will remain in your vehicle
2) Take it away-things that will be transported to another area
3) Trash of the day-things that can be thrown out at the end of the day

B) Purchase a fun/colorful trash container-I just bought a small plastic container that I decorated with stickers to make me smile when I get into my car. Make a point of emptying the trash daily or every other day

C) Find a transportation box-I use an old wicker basket that is 8 X 11. At the end of each day, I fill this box with anything that doesn’t belong in the vehicle. I transport the items to their rightful home. When I do this daily, it doesn’t seem overwhelming!

D) Invest in a car deodorizer-nothing says clean like a fresh smelling vehicle. Now is the perfect time to select your favorite crisp scent. Enjoy the ride!

Need an accountability partner? Email me at Juliann@theunobstuctedview.com and let me know your plans.

Unobstruct your view!

Juliann

1 comment:

  1. "Caroline Bender" was kind enough to share your blog with me. Very nice and I love your message. Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete